Thursday, March 14, 2013

THINGS THAT GO THUMP IN THE NIGHT

Last night at around midnight, I was abruptly awakened by a loud crashing noise that had me literally jumping from my bed.  My first thought was that someone was trying to break down the door to my bungalow.  It was pretty scary.  

I looked out the window but didn't see signs of any human life.  I kept looking around for a few minutes to be sure that no one was lurking outside.  After my thumping heart quieted a bit and I could calmly focus, I noticed a coconut lying in the sand close to my porch steps.  

The next morning I saw the damage to my porch roof.


I not an obsessive worrier, but I have given those coconuts an occasional thought and my hammock time would have been greater if they weren't hanging there above me.  I've been favoring the beach chairs the last few days, and I guess my intuition has saved me from a big thump on the head.


No comments: