Monday, December 2, 2013

SICK IN GRANADA

I think I can pinpoint the culprit.  I was at a bus stop in Cordoba waiting for the number 11, and a woman also waiting there was coughing and sneezing up a storm.  And not covering!  It amazes me that there are middle-aged people out there who haven't yet learned the common courtesies of civilized life.  After about 5 sneezes, I got up and moved away from the waiting area, but it was either already too late, or maybe I was standing a little downwind of her.  Anyway, another cold.  

I, on the other hand, am more considerate of strangers.  I stay inside, away from people, during the coughing/sneezing contagious days to avoid passing it along to others.  Many Asian people wear face masks in public when they are sick in consideration of others.  I think this is a good idea.  I brought some face masks to wear on long airplane rides, but hadn't thought I needed them at bus stops!

I have a ticket to tour the Alhambra tomorrow, and I am determined to be better by then!

No comments: