Tuesday, November 20, 2012

GIVING THANKS


Tomorrow I will be shopping for ingredients for the Thanksgiving dinner that I will prepare for my friends here in Italy and some of their family members.  It will be a bit of a challenge, because finding the ingredients I needs for my favorite dishes is difficult.  For example, no fresh green beans are available at this time of year.  Southern Italians eat the vegetables that are in season.  So it will be a medley of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots with herb butter instead.  No problema.

I know that most of my American friends and family will be spending the day the same way I will—in the grocery store and the kitchen getting as much done as possible before Thursday.
So now, while there is time, I want to wish all of my friends who celebrate Thanksgiving a very happy holiday.  I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and/or friends and take a moment to appreciate all the blessings in your life.  I know I will be feeling gratitude for my friends and family at home and for the new friends I have made on this journey.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

No comments: